Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Current TV

If you have Cablevision, you can't get this channel. If you have a dish, you might and probably do. If you have AT&T U-verse like I do, you get this channel. And what a wonderful channel it is!!!!!

I can't say enough amazing things about Current TV. I discovered it after we got U-verse through AT&T. If I was to describe it to those who need something to relate it to, I'd say it's kind of like You Tube except it is much more organized with a worldly view of the issues that affect countries, societies, communities and individuals. The network will take a block of time; maybe 30 minutes or an hour; to explore a topic.....let's say hair. In that time, they will show you "pods" that viewers have created exploring as many angles as they can on the subject of hair. They discuss everything from every angle.....politics, fashion, art, technology, lifestyle, movies, sports, music, religion, hair.....everything! There's a lot of funny stuff too.

I don't even watch the news anymore since everything that's reported is so biased. If you really want to know what's going on in the world, watch Current TV! I was watching a segment of pods lastnight about Iran. They discussed everything from the basiscs of Iran (like where is it on the world map and what is the dominant religion) to Iranian transexuality and nose jobs in Iran. Apparently, Iran is the nose job capitol of the world!

There's a wealth of information on Current TV that more people should have access to. Too many people have been sucked into the clutches of mainstream media, where society is only allowed a small perspective of what's really going on. It's a shame that so many people live in the dark and allow themselves to be lead like sheep, buying into only what the news broadcasts, which is skewed by the networks own hidden agendas and political views.

Current TV is admittedly a liberal newtork, but they aren't afraid to explore all the facets of an issue, whether it be about hair or the possibility of war with Iran. The channel's varied podcasts probably answer many questions that we as an American society have that our government refuses to answer.

I know I keep going on and on about the political side of Current TV, but I must say that a lot of it is very lighthearted and simply all around informative. I always thought I could get smarter by watching the Discovery Network Channels, but Current TV trumps them all and I can honestly say I've learned so much more as a result of watching Current. Here's a link to their website: http://www.current.com/

That's all for now.

Until next time......

Thanks for reading!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment